Trainee Community Support Worker
Six Town Housing
Bury North/ Bury South, Bury
28th Feb 2021
National Living Wage for Age
25 hrs per week
We are seeking a Trainee Community Support Worker who is passionate about the Community and Voluntary Sector. You will work alongside our experienced staff and gain valuable experience in delivering services directly to the people and communities they support.
– Networking within the community, building relationships with tenants and residents who may be interested in becoming volunteers or wanting to access Employment/Training opportunities via Steps to Success.
– Developing partnerships with other organisations across Bury.
– Identifying new and innovative ways of support which will encourage positive impact in our communities and the services we deliver.
– Competence in IT skills, e.g. using Zoom/Teams, Outlook for managing calendar appointments.
– Assisting potential volunteers through the DBS process.
– Some Knowledge of Safeguarding and the ability to support volunteers if they have to forward concerns or deal with disclosures.
– Giving appropriate pastoral support to volunteers so that they feel confident and comfortable. This will be both face to face and remotely as appropriate.
– Supporting colleagues by completing additional or crossover tasks within your skill set agreed with your line manager
The type of person we are looking for:
– Enjoys talking and interacting with people
– Able to produce written communications and use social media
– Able to organise information and keep records up to date
– Happy dealing with a number of tasks to complete
– Flexibility in being able to work some evenings and weekends.
– Enthusiastic about providing a great service to our customers
– Willing to work as part of team and enjoy interacting with people
– Likes to come up with ideas to do things better and solve problems
To be eligible for this role, you must be:
To apply, please contact your Work Coach at the Job centre.