The Rock , Bury
Good communication skills with a wide range of people. To be able to work as part of a team. To be able to understand the needs of older people. Previous experience of working in a retail or customer focused environment would be beneficial for this role.
Responsibilities will include:
On the shop floor:
1. Welcoming, assisting and serving customers.
2. Dusting of shelves.
3. Tidying of the shop area and counter.
4. Checking garments are on the correct hangers with the correct size cubes.
5. Checking the hangers are hung the correct way on the rails.
6. Withdrawing time-expired stock.
7. Restocking the bookshelves.
8. Checking the fitting room is clean and tidy and clear of hangers and litter.
9. Reporting concerns to the Shop Manager.
In the backroom:
1. Steaming or ironing of donated garments.
2. Washing and polishing of bric-a-brac.
3. Cleaning and displaying donations of jewellery.
4. Polishing shoes and bags.
5. Checking games and jigsaws.
6. Putting stock out for sale.