4 hours a week
Bury , Bury
Commitment to Oxfam’s values of empowerment, accountability and inclusiveness. Ability to work within Oxfam’s policies and shop guidelines. An interest in retail and customer service. Ability to work well as part of a team and under own initiative.
What are your key responsibilities?
Depending on the needs of the shop and your interests, you may be involved in the following:
– Providing excellent customer service.
– Selecting, preparing and pricing donated clothes, books, homewares etc in line with shop guidelines.
– Creating attractive displays.
– Promoting our Gift Aid scheme.
– Promoting our shops to the local community.
What will you gain from this opportunity?
Volunteering brings a wealth of benefits, both personal and professional.
– The chance to use and develop your skills and experience, particularly in the areas of teamwork, communication and decision-making.
– Gain valuable experience in retail.
– Lunch and local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam’s policy.
– You will be joining thousands of volunteers who “won’t live with poverty”.
– Learn about Oxfam’s humanitarian, development and campaigning work.